Sophia Ravenna performs fusion belly dance in and around Seattle, WA. With a strong background in both group and solo improv and group choreography, she is a versatile dancer. Her teachers have included Anaya Tribal and Jolie Roberson, and she was a founding member of Fire & Gold Belly Dance in Tucson, AZ. She currently studies with Martina Crowe-Hewett, Tempest, and Deep Roots Tribal. Sophia is dedicated to having a strong dance education and has taken workshops with dancers in many styles, including Mira Betz, Amanda Rose, and Rachel Brice.
Sophia performs to a variety of music, including traditional and modern Middle Eastern instrumentals, world fusion, gothic, steampunk, dub step, and whatever new sounds are inspiring her on a given day. Her favorite prop is paired fan veils, but she is also proficient with sword, skirt, and veil.
Notable past performances include:
- Every Body’s Beautiful Revue April 2014.
- Tribal Fest May 2014 and 2015.
- Hafla-con August 2014.
- Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive September 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Waking Persephone Gala Show October 2014 and 2015.
- Skinny Dip with the Nathaniel Johnstone Band, August 2016.
- The Underworld Ball with The Ghosts Project, October 2016.
Sophia Ravenna is available for performances and workshops. Please contact her for more information.